Enhance Your MBI Membership! Join a Committee Today!
Here are a few tips to ensure you get the most value from your experience with us.
If you are interested in serving on a committee, please e-mail us.
Members who have participated in an MBI committee will refer to their participation as a benefit and tell you how valuable it has been to their professional development, as well as the industry.
Benefits of joining an MBI Committee are that you will:
- Broaden your understanding of the modular building industry.
- Get to know more industry professionals and suppliers, better establishing your network.
- Test and expand your leadership skills.
- Share your expertise with other industry professionals.
- Strengthen your ties with the commercial modular building community.
Types of Volunteer Positions:
GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE monitors all activity within the industry relative to negative press coverage, rules, regulations and laws either in force, or under consideration, that have a direct effect on the ability of the membership to manufacture and install buildings. Specific responsibilities include:
- Alliance building with other associations
- Regulatory/codes/standards help
- Monitoring state and regional issues and make MBI aware of industry issues
- Outreach to government officials and agencies
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE makes recommendations and develop programs consistent with the MBI resources and long range plans. The committee will monitor membership activity and work to increase the membership base. Specific responsibilites include:
- Membership recruitment
- Membership engagement - mentoring new members and developing new services
- Helping to identify growth strategies for MBI
PR/MARKETING COMMITTEE monitors and manages areas relative to public awareness, image and marketing of MBI and the industry. Specific duties include:
- Writing industry articles for publications
- Actively participating and contributing to industry social media sites
- Monitoring news, Google Alerts, etc. and notifying MBI of industry press
- Participating, speaking and exhibiting at related industry events
- Helping with critical issues response
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE is responsible for planning and supporting MBI events and educational meetings. Examples include the annual convention & tradeshow, board meetings, regional member meetings, safety training, training on the setup of modular buildings, “modular 101” classes, classes for code officials, project management seminars, leadership development, online education, and any other events or meetings deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in securing speakers, exhibitors and sponsors for MBI events
- Teaching/presenting information/case studies at MBI meetings
- Helping review, revise and develop training content
- Speaking, writing and staying abreast of green trends and issues